- Lincoln Park is home to many young professionals, who have very recently graduated from college. Pray for their transition into the workforce and that they could use their jobs for the glory of the Lord.
- Pray for local elementary schools where efforts are being made to assist at-risk students. Pray that volunteers would be making an impact in the students’ lives as well as blessing the school for Christ.
- Pray for spiritual revival on DePaul’s college campus located right in the middle of Lincoln Park. Pray for the effectiveness of the campus ministries reaching out to the student population.
- Pray for the young men and women who live in a local residency that caters to the marginalized. Many do not know Christ and have very difficult life stories which have brought them to Chicago.
- Pray for the senior living apartments in Lincoln Park. Pray that the men and women there would feel loved by their local churches and would place their trust in their Savior Jesus Christ.
In the nineteenth century, Lincoln Park included affluent residents, industrial workers and German farmers. In 1871 the area was greatly affected by the Great Chicago fire, but eventually was quickly rebuilt with many factories and repopulated with working-class residents.
The eastern section remained populated primarily by middle-class and wealthy residents. By the early twentieth century Lincoln Park was regarded as a firmly established residential area. DePaul University was established in 1898.
However, like most other neighborhoods, Lincoln Park suffered from the Great Depression, but several initiatives renewed the area and, in the latter part of the twentieth century, land values increased dramatically. It is now one of the highest-status neighborhoods in Chicago.
- Asian (5.5%)
- Black or African American (4.9%)
- Hispanic or Latino (5.1%)
- White (82.9%)
information courtesy of Moody Publishers
"Chicago Neighborhood Prayer Guide" by Dr. John Fuder with Elizabeth Koenig
With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit. - Ephesians 6:18
onewayministries | activating God’s people to exalt Jesus Christ and advance His gospel to the multitudes | ©2016